Friday 20 March 2020

St.Joseph Prayer

St.Joseph Prayer

StjosephO St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before
the Throne of God, I place in Thee all my interests and desires.
O St.Joseph, assist me by Thy powerful intercession and obtain for me all
spiritual blessings through Thy foster Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below Thy heavenly power, I may offer Thee my thanksgiving and homage.
O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating Thee and Jesus asleep in Thine
arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near Thy heart. Press Him in
my name and kiss His fine head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss
when I draw my dying breath.
St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for me.
THIS PRAYER WAS FOUND IN THE 5OTH YEAR OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS
CHRIST. IN 1505 IT WAS SENT FROM THE POPE TO EMPEROR CHARLES WHEN HE WAS
GOING INTO BATTLE. WHOEVER SHALL READ THIS PRAYER OR HEAR IT OR KEEP IT
ABOUT THEMSELVES SHALL NEVER DIE A SUDDEN DEATH OR BE DROWNED, NOR SHALL
POISON TAKE EFFECT ON THEM — NEITHER SHALL THEY FALL INTO THE HANDS OF
THE ENEMY OR BE BURNED IN ANY FIRE OR BE OVERPOWERED IN BATTLE. SAY FOR
NINE MORNINGS FOR ANYTHING YOU DESIRE. IT HAS NEVER BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.