Tuesday 9 May 2017

100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions

100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions

2017-fatima-header-goldThe message in Fatima is as relevant today as it was in 1917. Its requests are for prayer, reparation, repentance, and sacrifice, and the abandonment of sin.

Our Lady stressed the importance of praying the Rosary in each of Her apparitions, asking the children to pray the Rosary every day for peace. Another principal part of the Message of Fatima is devotion to Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart, which is terribly outraged and offended by the sins of humanity, and we are lovingly urged to console Her by making reparation.
The following Fatima prayers came from Our Lady herself. When she appeared to the children in July, 1917 she taught them this prayer, to be said when offering up personal sufferings, sacrifices, or acts of penance:
FatimaOh my Jesus, I offer this for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
This prayer followed shortly, after Mary opened her hands and showed the children a terrifying vision of Hell. She then taught them to say this after each decade of the rosary:
Oh My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy.
The Angel of Peace shared these prayers with the children the year before in 1916. My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee! I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee.
holyeucharistHe later referred to himself as the Angel of Portugal and taught them the second of our Fatima prayers covered here in his last appearance that autumn, amazingly, while leaving a Host (the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ) and a golden chalice both suspended in mid-air!
Most Holy Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit- I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifferences whereby He is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the conversion of poor sinners. Amen

I am posting the links to the messages given to Maria Divine Mercy in regards to Fatima.

Please continue to pray the rosary for Our Ladys intentions pray_the_rosary2

“Queen of the Holy Rosary, Thou didst deign to come to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary. Inspire my heart with a sincere love of this devotion, in order that by meditating on the Mysteries of our Redemption which are recalled in it, I may be enriched by its fruits and obtain peace for the world, the conversion of sinners and of Russia, and the graces which I ask of Thee in this Rosary. (Here mention your request.)
I ask this for the greater glory of God, for Thine own honor, and for the good of souls, especially for my own. Amen.”
I offer this Rosary for the purpose of knowing the Truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for my sins. Amen.
our-lady-of-russia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.